Yes it… my first love!
It is a place where I was born and I love every bit of it whether it is the forest, the weather, the people, the bakeries, the fashion, the Mall road, the schools, the college, the rhododendron flowers, the morning daisies, the hills, the roads, various temples, the fruits, the fresh vegetables, the office alarm siren, my true friends… I can go unstoppable! 🙂
It has taught me everything. Even tough I have been living in some other place my love for Shimla has not demised. In fact it has become deeper.
There is so much to do in Shimla but this time we just had one day so we only planned our visit to the Mall Road.
Whenever in a rush we make our feet upto these 7 best places near Shimla, Mall road and we would like to share with all our readers that we never miss!
1. A quick stroll from one corner that is Marina (near CM residence) to Scandal Point further to city point. Enjoying the crowd, the similar faces and the tick tock of travellers. The fresh air and that touch of royalty makes the walk a charming experience.
2. Must visit Trishool bakery and eat uncountable chocolate pastries. Being a chocolate lover, I can assure you that you would never get that kind of authentic taste anywhere in the world!
Also, it is one of the best places as recognized by local celebrities like Preity Zinta.
This time I tried their Japanese pastry on being suggested by this man standing behind us, you won’t believe he has been serving people for over 45 years. It is a must-visit-place of all my relatives and have been serving the same quality throughout these years. Simply Remarkable!
3. Then my favorite shop Minerva Book House locals just say ‘Minerva.’ My school books were bought from there. And now I buy books for my son Aditya and ourselves. This shops’ display window in itself is very close to my heart. They have very cool stuff you would surely enjoy exploring.
We love books and make sure we make visit to Minerva, just because we do not want to miss the charm of discovering and selecting the best collection of hard copies through a book store – than just being a tech savvy and ordering a book online 😀
We want the book stores to Stay and survive!
4. Coffee time! how can VarDish live without coffee. So have to find the best brew somewhere on the Mall Road, Right? So which place can be better then Combermere “Cafe Sol”
I tried their Cafe latte and Varun went for his all time favourite “A tale of two chocolate” (A chocolate based coffee with orange flavour).
5. Marina Hotel is so apt for nice lunches or work over meals. “Work from Marina” what VarDish calls the place! Sit down, Eat and relax in the beauty of mountains while doing your daily technical chores.
6. How can we miss the ice cream and specially the softy at Embassy, near the lift. I eat my legendary favourite Twin softy and Varun buys chocolate cone I might be forgetting the name i.e. chocolate cone filled with vanilla ice cream!
Also, with this I would like to add new small cafe named as “Wood Street Cafe” at Lakkar Bazzar – if you have a taste bud of that home-styled sandwiches and pizzas.
7. At last, Dont forget to visit ‘Thakur Bhrata’ for pickle and murabbas, surmas, etc
You can as well try locally made wine, I bought sparkling wine apple flavour. Just for the sake of trying, I won’t buy it again.
Note: If you are a person like us who loves Food, Coffee, Travel, Books, Super Bikes, Dogs, Body Art, Games and Life. Then do comment, share and subscribe to our Blog. For more stay tuned!