No matter how successful you may have become in your late twenties and early thirties, but that childhood in the 90s is something that you will always long for. Being a kid in the 90s was fun; it was more than Android and iOS. Playing pittu was favorite pastimes in recess during school hours, while playing cricket or chatting with friends over a game of carom board was the hide out from studies back home. If you are a 90’s Indian Kid, here are twenty-five things that will make you smile and feel nostalgic all the way.
1. Parle-G was a staple diet. It was the first thing you had with a glass of milk, and carried to school.
3. A vital part of your school bag arsenal, the Milton water bottles always played a handy role in fights too.
4. We called them PT shoes, aka White Fleet Shoes. When they got dirty, you could get them shinning again with chalk.
5. You’d wait all through the primary days to be able to write with a Reynolds ball pen. And how smooth was it!
6. Popsicles (pipes with flavored ice) was mandatory after school. Cola was my favorite – yours?
7. Those breathtaking stories in the Reader’s Digest are still fresh in the mind.
8. You’d be marked the geek of the class if you walked in with a floppy disk in your hand.
9. The red and black Natraj pencils, and the lovey ad – “Yeh laga sixer, Natraj fir champion.”
10. Mango frooti, Fresh and juicy! That flavor was just so purely fruity.
11. Probably all of us had gotten immune listening to ad – “Washing powder Nirma, Washing powder Nirma, Doodh si safedi, Nirma se aayi.”
12. Available in Red, green, blue orange, and other colors of the rainbow, Parle Poppins was the candy to go to.
13. The sweet chalky cigarette were our way to imitate our adults. The cigarettes were white with a reddish tip.
14. We were obsessed with Mario and contra. Two video games that were our bread and butter in computer labs.
15. The Gold Spot carbonated soft drink that Coke and Pepsi drinkers wouldn’t have even heard of.
16. The non-dust eraser rubbed it clean and also left no dust. It was such a delight!
17. Being in the game parlour, playing Road Fighter Game by inserting a rupee in the ‘insert coin’ slot of the arcade machine.
18. Playing Audio Cassettes with favorite songs on the Walkman was everyone’s favorite thing.
19. You’d spend all your vacations covering your books and notebooks with brown covers and sticking these name stickers on them.
20. GI*JOE toys were your personal army. You’d fight endless battles and win every time you played with that bad guy.
21. Crazy balls were really crazy and we were crazier trying to bounce them off the walls in a closed room. I’ve bruised my eyes many times doing it.
22. These lead replaceable pencils were just so good to write with. But if you missed one of these replaceable leads you were doomed.
23. Fiddling with the TV antenna on rooftop and shouting to confirm the display clarity was something everyone couldn’t do to perfection.
24. There were other games and then there were these glass marbles (Bante).
25. Kodak camera with film rolls. You had to be extra sure before clicking a picture since what you clicked could only be seen when the roll was developed.
26. Who can forget Karur Singh of Chandar Kanta and his favourite dialogue Yakku!!